Friday, September 29, 2006

Using My Mind Powers

So my workouts have been non-existent the last several days. I got sick...Niki and the kids got sick...aliens abducted me...all excuses. I should have been more disciplined! During that time I've ripped a few phonebooks, bent 2 nails, and tried to pick up everything the "hard way". I guess you could say I had worked out.

Wednesday the Dry Bones staff took some of our friends from the streets camping. We got to the campsite and lying beside the fire pit is a sledgehammer handle. This is how addicted to this strongman stuph I am; I pick it up and begin levering it. Then I get this idea for an elaborate contraption I could build to add a small amount of weight to the end. I could work my way up to a 6lb. Sledgehammer. Today, I go to the hardware store to see how much it would cost to build the rig and I see the real sledges sitting there. I pick up the 6lb. Sledge and actually lever it to my nose, easily! We'll I grab the 8 lb. and do the same...both hands. I try the 10lb but it felt a little wobbly. So I stop call Lennie and share the good news. This afternoon I'm at another hardware store to buy some junk for Dry Bones and I "accidentally" go by the sledges. I'm pissed I didn't lever the 10lb. Sledge. So I try it. But this time I get my head straight and believe I can do it. I slowly let it down to my nose and slowly raise it up. I was pumped! I don't think the kid working that isle was as excited as me, though

THE POINT---
I thought I needed to start off small and work my way up to a 6lb sledgehammer. I had it set in my mind that I couldn't possibly do it. But 10 minutes in the tool isle with no prep. or warm ups and I exceeded what my mind said I could do by 10lbs.! I'm excited about this stuph.

Passion + Knowledge + Belief in your self = POSSIBILITIES!

I'm passionate about this strength stuph, I've done some research on levering and after I did the 6lb. Hammer I believed I could do more. My possibilities are endless.

-Strength and Honor-
Benny

PS.
Thanks to Steve McGranahan for his encouragment, advice, and generosity. This brother rocks! You really need to check him out at www.stevemcgranahan.com and on "Country Fried Home Videos" on CMT.

1 comment:

Benny said...

this is awsome bro. good going on not letting your mind limit you!!!


what the mind concieves, the body achieves