Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Small Steps

So today I'm getting some pics printed off. You know stuph to inspire me. Also I'm going to figure out how and where to display them and my "shrapnel" (souvenirs from the stuph I break and bend).

I'm not working out today. I did cardio and weights yesterday. It kicked my butt hard. So I will start off slow and ease my way back into 5-6 days a week rather that burn out before I really get started.

Also we need to figure out a way to log our exercise and our progress. Something that's simple and the same for both me and you.

-Strength and Honor-

4 comments:

KingJaymz said...

Might I suggest just one of those blank journals you can get at any major bookstore for logging your progress? If you are tech savvy, how about an Excel spreadsheet? That would really make information tracking and file sharing easy.

How about a wall or wall space in your home/home office entitled "The Wreckingyard" for pictures of your bent/broken stuff? You could even make it a regular feature on your blog or sub-blog. I have a friend who is into web design that works for free as she is teaching herself the ins and outs.

I have been a fan of your wife's blog for a long time, and I look forward to checking in on yours regularly.

Blessings,

Jared

BTW, have you ever seen "The World's Strongest Redneck" featured on "Country Fried Home Videos" hosted by Bill Engvall on CMT? When Niki posted a picture of you on her blog a few weeks ago, it honestly made me think of that.

Benny said...

Thanks for the ideas. Just keep me in your prayers. I really need to practice more discipline in all areas of my life.

Jinny said...

I have pictures from my 350 lb. cadaver that died of congestive heart failure if you want those for motivation ;) ... his insides are completely destroyed and his heart is about 2 times the size it should be... i know it's been motivation for all of us in class to make healthier decisions at lunch time...

your new adventure will join your ministry and family in my prayers. if you are ever near OKC, give me a holler, b/c I would love to see you, man!

Hugs!

Benny said...

That's so cool you know a cadaver! Can you really send me a pic. Not because I need it for motivation but because that'd just be cool to see.
Can't wait to see ya!